Sunday, November 8, 2015

Carly Fiorina gets back at the Yentas of 'The View:'

Carly Fiorina faced off with the Yentas of “The View” on Friday, speaking to the Yentas who called her smile “demented” and said that her face was worthy of a Halloween mask parody after the most-recent republican presidential debate.
Fiorina challenged the hosts of “The View” to have her back on the show to “see if they have the guts to say that to my face.” And they did.
“Let’s clear the air,” Goldberg declared at the beginning of the show, introducing Fiorina and asking her to respond to the comments the show had made that had drawn ire.
“You know what, look I’ve been called all kinds of things, Whoopi…  I’ve been called a bimbo from the time I was a secretary to the time I was a CEO. I think we need to be able to have civil conversations in this country about our differences… so I'd just like to have a conversation about where we agree and where we disagree,” Fiorina said.
Goldberg later asked if Fiorina would be able to handle humor should she become president “We saw that you were a little upset with us about a comic comment that was made, so how will you… get a thicker skin to accept some of the humorous things that will be said about you?” Goldberg asked.
“If you meant [the] comment about my face being demented as a Halloween mask as humor, so be it… I have a real thick skin," Fiorina fired back. 
Joy Behar then chimed in, insisting she was a comedian who jokes about all the candidates. 
"You know what Joy, you can say whatever you want. I’m not going to stop that," Fiorina said. "And don’t worry, I have skin plenty thick enough to take whatever people throw at me. I think there are real issues in this nation that we ought to able to discuss in a fact-based [conversation].”
Michelle Collins then asked Fiorina if she was being told to smile more.
“I don’t have people coaching me to act a different way and be a different way, and I love to smile and laugh.”
Goldberg criticized the press Fiorina had garnered based on her “fake feud” with “The View.”
“I think ‘The View’ garnered a lot of publicity from this as well… I think that’s why you have me on your show [again]."
Paula Faris charged Fiorina was “clearly trying to make lemonade out of lemons” by exploiting her feud with “The View.”
“Oh, so you are telling me you guys are lemons?” Fiorina quipped.
Throughout the chat, Fiorina repeatedly expressed she wanted to steer the conversation to discuss the important issues facing the United States.
Collins at one point asked Fiorina why she is running for president.
“I want this nation to be once again a place of limitless possibility for everyone,” Fiorina said proudly.
A chat between Goldberg, Behar and Fiorina about abortion and Planned Parenthood got heated and the women all began to interrupt each other.
“May I finish the answer to the question?” Fiorina said loudly as things got heated.
At one point, Goldberg was forced to acknowledge that Fiorina had the floor.
Fiorina repeatedly called the points the women were making “the litany of the left.”
The women touched on everything from the minimum wage to what it means to be a feminist. They, however, struggled to not interrupt one another or speak over Fiorina during her appearance.
The back-and-forth between the hosts of “The View” and the presidential candidate began on Oct. 29 when Joy Behar and Michelle Collins ridiculed Fiorina’s appearance. Fiorina then fired back on “Fox News Sunday,” saying she was “tired of being insulted by liberal feminists.”
On Monday, Whoopi Goldberg — who said she wasn’t planning to be at the faceoff on Friday but then attended anyway —charged that Fiorina needed to learn “the difference between when somebody’s coming for you, when somebody is paying you a compliment and when somebody is saying, ‘here’s my observation.’”
Interestingly, Fiorina’s campaign manager revealed on “The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson” Wednesday that ABC tried to put-off Fiorina’s already announced Friday appearance but the sit-down went down as planned after some confusion.

No comments: