Sunday, November 2, 2014

Monsey’s Jacob Gestetner says he never received 7,000.00 bible that he bought from ebay

I think it is in Gestetner's sukkah,  October 10 was Succos!

Despite postal tracking data showing that it was delivered, a Monsey man is claiming he never received the rare 16th-century Hebrew Bible he purchased from an eBay seller in Virginia.
 Monsey’s Jacob Gestetner maintains he never received the $7,000 Bible he purchased on eBay from artifact dealer Gene Albert, despite post office records showing that it was delivered on October 10.
According to the standard eBay contract, Mr. Albert must now refund the entire $7,000 to Mr. Gestetner.
A disgruntled Albert said Gestetner either “has it or it was stolen from his mailbox.”
“Either way it’s gone and I’m out the money,” Albert said of the Bible that contains entries dating back to the 1540s.
Albert said he typically checks the “Signature Required” box when shipping such items, but forgot to in this particular instance.
Gestetner declined comment, calling it a private matter.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

DIN,although i agree with your views most off the time,this time you have crossed all the red lines of decency and fairness, where the hell to you have the nerve to denigrate and accuse an individual of stealing where no one knows what really happened,after all thousands of packages are being lost and stolen every day,if i were Gestetner i would sue you for whatever you got,and i hope he does it

Dusiznies said...

To Anon 11:02
I never wrote that he stole it... I only wrote what was reported in Haaritz,
Once the story is out ... its out!
But if he wants to sue, he can ..
I was already sued many times, and so far B"H I won, and the guys that sued had to pay court costs...
I actually have a lien of 250,000.00 on a guy's house that lost a lawsuit against my blog..

Anonymous said...

To 11:02
This Gestetner guy is going to have to sue the Journal News too..
http://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/2014/10/30/rare-hebrew-bible-ebay-monsey-missing/18204433/

Anonymous said...

DIN,why don't you read what you yourself wrote.
I THINK IT IS IN HIS SUCCAH
what the hell did you have in mind when you wrote this garbage
If I was gestetner ,I would sue the hell out o you

Dusiznies said...

3:14
I still think it's in the Succah